The last free credit score offer we had went fast so there is no guarantee on how long this one will last. Credit Sesame is offering a free Experian credit score. I just signed up and it was easy. It took about 2 minutes and I had my score.
You can get a free credit report each year, but that does not include your score. It only tells you the information that is on your report so you can fix anything that is wrong. Credit Sesame offers a free score and ideas to improve it (and suggestions on why it is the number it is), but it does not contain specific information.
I like to get my report, but I really like to get the score as well. The score is what banks and employers look at. There are many places that will sell you your score (usually $10-$20) so whenever I see an offer for a free score check I get it!
A few things about credit scores:
- Most credit scores are between 600-750 (according to Experian)
- A score over 740 is generally considered excellent
- A score over 700 is generally considered good
- A score over 620 is average and 620 is the Prime cutoff
- If you have a score below 499 then you should do some credit repair prior to getting any financing. You may be able to find financing, but the added fees and interest rates will be very high.
- Get a Free Credit Score from Credit Karma
- What you Should Know about your Credit Score
- Managing your Finances Post Marriage (budgetawedding.com)
- Saving with Compound Interest
- 10 Ways to Keep Safe when Shopping Online