$5 Back to School Challenge!!!
If you had $5 each week to spend on Back to School items where should you spend it? I picked out three stores with the best Back to School deals so you can optimize your Back to School dollars. Those of you with a list to shop from can find all of the deals listed in the pdf at the bottom of the page. The $5 scenario is best for those of you who are shopping for charity or those of you who are planning on stocking up on supplies.
Each year I try to see how far I can make $25 go for charity school supplies. This year I am going to split that into 5 weeks, $5 spent each week. Most schools will accept supplies or check at the front of your local stores for a Back to School supplies bin.
This link will show you all of the deals, including all the stores I did not cover here (it is a pdf): Back to School thru July 31st
- $5 off $25 coupon here (good through 7/31)
- Zebra Z-Grip Retractable Ball Point Pens $4 with a $4 Easysaver Rebate – submit here
- 10 2 Pocket Folders $0.50 ($0.05 each, limit of 5, $5 minimum purchase required)
- 2 Sharpie Permanent Markers $0.50 ($0.25 each, limit 2)
- 2 Staples Pink Cap Erasers $0.50 ($0.25 each, limit 2)
- 1 Reams of Multi Purpose Paper, 500 sheets $5.99 with a $5.49 Easysaver Rebate – submit here
- 1 Package Kodak 4 x 6 Photo Paper $13.99 with a $12.99 Easysaver Rebate – submit here
=Spend $25.48 and use the $5 coupon so your total is $20.48. You can then submit for the $4, $5.49, and $12.99 Easysaver rebates (total $22.48) so you will actually earn $2. The coupon states it cannot be used on items with instant savings, but the rebates should not be considered “instant”.
- Crayola Colored Pencils $0.99
- USA Gold Pencils, 12 ct $0.99
- 2 Steralite Pencil Box $0.50
- Papermate Eagle Pens, 10 ct $1.02 – $1 Target Coupon for Papermate Writing Utensils = $0.02
=Spend $3.00 (+ a gain of $2 at Staples= $1)
- 3 Scholastic Glue Sticks, 4 pack $1.50 ($0.50 each)
- 2 Fiskars Children’s Scissors $2.00 ($1 each)
- 2 Forey Dry Erase Markers $0.50 ($0.25 each)
=Spend $4.00 (plus a net $1 at Staples and Target = $5)
I was assigned to Dollar General and Toys R Us this week:
Dollar General – had no back to school deals this week!
Toys R Us – B1G1F on all Crayola items (including specialty products) and buy a backpack (starting at $12.99), get a lunch tote free (value $9.99)
Many thanks to the blogs that helped put this weeks list together Carrie from Pocket your Dollars (pdf), Katie from Coupon Katrina (Staples), The Coupon High (Target), and Josie from Southern Cali Saver (Office Depot).