Doug Warshauer contacted me this past July to let me know that he put my Seven Reasons to not Use Coupons post in his Favorite Personal Finance Posts list. I have followed his blog ever since and am happy to review his book.
If I’m So Smart… Where Did All My Money Go? is a simple and entertaining read. Most personal finance books are dry, but this one puts a story behind the numbers. You will meet
- Joe, a 23 year-old college graduate who already finds himself with $20,000 of credit card debt, and wonders if he has done permanent damage to his financial future.
- Eric and Sally, a couple in their thirties who bought a home at the peak of the market and who fear they could lose all of their equity.
- Andrea, a 40-ish single mother whose living expenses make saving for college and retirement seem an impossible dream.
- Mitchell, a 55 year-old with two children on the verge of college, who wonders how he will ever be able to retire.
This is a fictional book that puts a story behind the numbers. The numbers are there too, presented in a simple, intuitive way. You will learn about controlling spending and debt, saving for short-term goals, investing wisely, saving for college, and saving for retirement.
If I’m So Smart Where Did All My Money Go: Balancing Your Financial Objectives for Lasting Wealth (Personal Finance) is on sale for $17.96 at amazon right now (retail $24.95).
TWO lucky readers will win a signed copy of If I’m So Smart… Where Did All My Money Go? Balancing Your Financial Objectives for Lasting Wealth by Doug Warshauer. To be entered you can do one or more of the following:
- Follow Doug and Little People Wealth on Facebook
- Let us know why you would like to win this book
- Follow Doug and Little People Wealth on twitter
- Tweet/RT this giveaway (one entry per daily tweet)
- Follow Little People Wealth via RSS and/or Email
- Sign up for any of my other giveaways – look in the left sidebar to see them all (one entry per giveaway)
The winners will be chosen via random.org on December 13th. Good luck!