Southwestern Couscous – Dinners under $10
I have another dinner under $10 recipe for you, this one is courtesy of Del Monte! They also had a couple of great tips to help keep your grocery bill down.
Avoid aisles with products not on your list. This will save you time and money! You will be less likely to purchase impulse buys and you can get through the store more quickly.
Decide on a grocery budget and stick to it. Write out your menu before you shop so you know what you need and are less likely to throw last minute items in your cart.
1/2 cup green onions, chopped, divided
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 can (14.5 oz) College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth
1 can (14.5 oz) Del Monte® Stewed Tomatoes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 package (10 oz) couscous
1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In large saucepan cook 1/3 cup green onions in butter until tender.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes, cumin and chili powder.
3. Heat to a boil; remove from heat.
4. Stir in couscous and beans. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
5. Fluff couscous mixture with a fork.
6. Top each serving with cheese and remaining green onions.