IBW Books recently sent me a couple of books to review. I was sent “Where Can Lost Bee Be?” and “Celebration of Letters G and H”. The great things about these books are that they have free webscenes that you can access and watch (here is an example of one). Each webscene goes along with what you just read.
The book itself is in print and has both the English and Spanish version of the book. At the end of each chapter (it took me 1-2 minutes to read each chapter and there were 7 in the book) there is an online animation that goes with the book. You can watch this and then go back to the book for the next chapter.
When I read these to my son I sat at the computer so we could read the book then play the animation. He loved the animations and wanted to watch each one a few times. The books were a little advanced for him since there were no actual pictures in the book. Of course, he is two and this is a Kindergarten reader. He enjoyed the activities that went along with the Celebration of Letters G and H book a lot. Each letter had a poem and then directions as to what you are supposed to do as you read the poem. There are also animations/online workbook pages that go along with these books (one for each letter) that were fun!
This would be a fun series for a homeschooling moms and dads to use.
The KA readers use word families to develop vocabulary. The book I received was more like a First or Second grade reader, but it just happened to have easy and understandable words for a younger child. This is unique as most preschool and kindergarten readers have only 2 or 3 words per page and doesn’t follow a whole story as much as it just introduces and repeats words. The animations are a fun way to keep your child’s attention and helps with comprehension, vocab, and spelling.
The Celebration of Letters G and H came from the Busy Preschoolers guide. Each letter has a poem, play, or activity built around learning it. It includes directions on how to utilize the activity/poem/play and animations to help learn what the letter looks like. Every child learns differently and this series uses enough different methods of teaching to cover everyone!
You can go to IBW Books to find more information on this series and purchase books. Right now you can purchase the books at 75% off!
If you are looking for a work at home position and would like to sell the books then you can go to IBW Booksellers to find out more about that program. You will earn an immediate 20% commission on all sales at the close of each hosted event.
In the spirit of disclosure I want to point out that I am NOT selling these books! If you want to purchase them or sell them then I am not going to gain anything from that. IBW did provide me with two titles (one from each series) so I could see how they worked before I did this review.
IBW Books has offered a reader their choice of one of two prizes!
- The Busy Preschooler’s Guide to Learning – fun activities built around the 26 letters of the alphabet, with step-by-step help to guide parents in how to use everyday situations to teach 105 skills their kids need before they walk in the kindergarten door. (retail $60)
- Three (3) KA Readers – beginning readers that use a new kind of storytelling where kids see an animation unfold at the close of every chapter! Dr. Seuss-like rhyming hooks kids on the fun of words. Online activities help parents assess a child’s reading and comprehension. (retail $60)
You can earn entries into the giveaway by:
- First let me know which prize you want – you must do this one!
- Leave a comment saying what KA book looks like it will be your favorite. There are descriptions of each on the site!
- Subscribe to Little People Wealth via RSS or Email. If you subscribe via email make sure you verify your address so you can actually get the updates!
- Join the Budget Christmas Challenge
- Promote this giveaway with one of the following options: twitter, post it on your blog, post it on a forum, facebook, or email it to at least 3 other people and copy me on the email
The winner will be chosen using random.org on Wednesday Oct 28th. Good luck!