I recently interviewed Lisa from Cheeky Stitches and I am so glad I did! Lisa knits and sews. She sells knit shorties and longies (for those of you who are not in the cloth diaper world, shorties and longies can be used as covers over non waterproof diapers and can also be used as “regular” clothing). She also makes fleece longies and soakers. Finally, she makes double layer flannel cloth wipes.
Lisa said her first project was a pair of longies for her daughter who now likes to play “jump rope” with the waist cord! The toughest thing about being a WAHM is balance. She says that being a WAHM can be both frustrating and fulfilling.
My favorite thing to make are blankets for my kids because they pretend play with them all day! A simple blanket can become a flag for a pirate ship or a protective fort!
The colorways that Lisa has available in her custom section are to die for!
Lisa has graciously offered to host a giveaway! The winner will have the option of a set of 6 cloth wipes or a custom pair of knit shorties! What a great chance for you to get hooked on knit! I never thought I would and then I broke down and bought my first pair – they are amazing! Even those of you who sposie diaper, using knit shorties for bedtime will provide extra protection against leaks. We used them over our AI2 diapers at night and they were a lifesaver during those first few months 🙂
Here is how you can enter the giveaway:
- You must first go to Cheeky Stitches and then come back here and comment about your favorite product. Also let me know if you would rather win the shorties or the cloth wipes.
To get extra entries:
- Follow or subscribe to this blog
- Post my button on your blog (comment with the link)
- Blog about Cheeky Stitches and this giveaway (comment with the link)
- Sign up or refer somebody for a WAHM Wednesday post (you can do this via email and just comment that you emailed me or you can leave the info in your comment)
That is a total of 5 possible entries! You have to do the first one and you can do as many of the extra ones as you want 🙂
The winner will be chosen via random.org on the evening of Tuesday March 3rd! I will post the winner, put a comment on their blog (if they have one), and email (if an email is left). The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or I will choose a new winner.